- Joplin, MO, USA
- 19.00-19.50 per hour
- Full Time
Medical and Dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k with match, employee assistance program, and vacation
Joplin Concrete is hiring Ready Mix Concrete Drivers. We have three locations, two in Joplin and one in Neosho. Experienced preferred but will train qualified CDL drivers. Applicants must have a valid Class A CDL or a Class B CDL with air brakes. We offer a market leading starting wage with guaranteed hours and a superior benefits package. Our benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation, 401K, 100% employer paid uniforms and safety boot and safety eyeglass reimbursement programs. We have a modern fleet of mixer trucks which is updated yearly.
See below for Ready Mix Concrete Driver job description:
READY MIXED CONCRETE TRUCK DRIVER
REPORTS TO: Batchman, Dispatcher, Manager
NOTE: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general duties and responsibilities of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
JOB SUMMARY (This is a Non-Exempt Position)
Drives ready-mix concrete truck weighing up to 80,000 pounds transporting and delivering concrete to specific job sites. Maintains radio or telephone contact with base. Cleans ,inspects vehicle reports defects or malfunctions to maintenance . Works and drives in a safe and professional manner. Interacts professionally with all he touches in fairness, dignity and respect. Governed by DOT hours of service regulations.
- Ability to take orders, instructions, and guidance from supervisors
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records (Part 391.11(b)(2)
- Possess a valid CDL Class A or B license with appropriate endorsements
- Must be able to pass federal DOT drug / alcohol screening and physical
- Maintains a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Federal and State Motor Carrier regulations and company policy.
- Adheres to safety requirements and procedures, and wearing of required safety equipment and clothing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining required repairs; ensuring truck is safe to operate in accordance with DOT regulations and company policy.
- Loads truck with ready mix concrete according to prescribed procedures, including charging hopper and checking slump.
- Delivers items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; maintaining schedule.
- Discharge concrete which involves movement of extension chutes and placing on main chute, driving in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian traffic, various construction obstacles, and off-road driving conditions.
- Wash residual concrete from truck and maintain all parts of the truck in clean, safe and operable condition.
- Maintains safe operation at all times.
- All other duties as assigned by the manager.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (READY MIX CONCRETE TRUCK DRIVER)
- Must possess a current Medical Card as required by DOT Regulations.
- Physical demand requires HEAVY level work:
- Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Frequently use fine motor skills, physical coordination, and visual acuity / depth perception for safe driving of vehicle.
- Frequent extension of arms overhead for cleaning vehicle, climbing ladder, entering / exiting vehicle, loading materials into / onto vehicle, and various job specific tasks repetitively throughout work period.
- Frequently climbing ladder / steps while performing job specific tasks, carrying equipment, and vehicle cleaning materials.
- Frequently climbing into and exiting out of vehicle cab in various types of terrain in order to maneuver vehicle, operate controls, and complete assigned tasks.
- Continuously work in various weather conditions - hot, cold, wet, dry, humid, wind, etc.
- Frequently walk / carry objects on varying terrain - paved, unpaved, dirt, rough terrain, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,360.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class A or B (with air brakes) CDL (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!