- Buffalo, NY, USA
- 20.00-22.50 per hour 22.50 is job mid-range
- Full Time
4+ weeks of PTO, 13 Paid Holidays, Generous Health Insurance plan, 401k, Life Insurance and LTD and more
JFS of Western New York employs individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. We are seeking a full time Job Developer for our growing Employment Support Services program. The Job Developer will be an energetic, creative, and diligent member of an interdisciplinary team that helps hundreds of people improve the quality of their lives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this position, you will engage clients and employers to develop trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment within the community. You will help to secure and retain sustainable employment for individuals with disabilities through the ACCES-VR program. Additionally, you will provide direct service to our refugee and immigrant community, assisting with job preparation skills and creating a plan towards self- sufficiency. As part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Provide specialized intake and supportive employment services for clients referred by ACCES-VR
- Target and develop relationships with specific employers in the placement and training of refugees into the work force
- Act as the initial contact for employers recruited to hire refugee clients, and advocate for your clients in resolving any issues with employers
- Provide transportation assistance, language assistance, and job application assistance in early stages of securing jobs for clients
- Facilitate job readiness workshops and assist clients in developing a career plan, identifying employment opportunities, resume development, and developing interview skills
- Advocate for women in the workforce
- Support access to quality daycare for working mothers
- Participate in required regional and national trainings for job development practitioners
- Accurately complete job development reports, documentation and case notes on a timely basis to comply with grant regulations
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Two plus years of placement employment services or vocational services experience
- A strong ability to collaborate, communicate and work with a team
- Prior experience with ACCES-VR and/or working with people with disabilities a plus
WHY JOIN JFS?
Do you want to work in a warm, authentic, passionate, culturally-sensitive and inspiring environment? If you appreciate a team approach and the commitment of JFS of Western New York to providing high quality services to all in need in the interest of helping to "repair the world", this may be the opportunity for you. By providing support in your area of expertise, you will make a meaningful contribution to the community, who we have been serving for more than 150 years. You'll also be the catalyst to break down and overcome the barriers and challenges faced by those seeking employment, including newly arriving refugees.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
The starting wage for this position is between $20 - $22.50 (midrange) per hour dependent on experience and language skills. This position offers great benefits including 4+ weeks accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), plus 13 paid holidays, excellent health insurance options (IHA), 401k and much more. We also have a reduced 35 hour work week with an early close on Fridays!
We are conveniently located on Main Street & Highgate Ave. This position requires a reliable vehicle, clean driver's license and auto liability insurance in the amount of $100/300k. If hired, you will be required to produce evidence of having received the Covid-19 vaccination.
If this sounds like the type of opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today! Come join our team and make a difference in your career and within the community.