- Buffalo, NY, USA
- Full Time
4+ weeks of PTO, 13 Holidays, Generous Health Insurance (BCBS) plan, 401k, Life Insurance and LTD
JFS is seeking an innovative Mental Health Therapist to join our exceptional mental health team in our OMH licensed outpatient clinic.
- Are you passionate about assisting clients to overcome the challenges of everyday life?
- Can you work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds?
- Does your toolkit include evidence-based, trauma-focused, and systemic interventions utilized to provide therapy to individuals diagnosed with a broad range of psychiatric disorders?
- Are you licensed as an LMSW, LMHC, LCSW or LCSW-R?
If so, you may be perfect for this position. At JFS, our services are guided by the essential connection between mental well-being, physical wellness, and positive self-worth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your rewarding career as a Mental Health Therapist is founded upon providing the tools necessary for our clients to develop a strong sense of self, emotional strength, healthy relationships, and good communication skills. Your education and experience coupled with your patient demeanor will assist you in providing unparalleled psychotherapy and counseling for the individuals we work with. From the completion of comprehensive assessments to implementing therapy methods, you have a profound impact on our clients' progress and the quality of their lives.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Master's degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling
- Certified in NYS as a Licensed mental Health provider - LCSW, LCSW-R, LMHC or LMSW
- Experience utilizing evidence-based therapeutic techniques
- Organized and able to balance a varied caseload
- Strong communication skills, bother written and verbal
- Computer proficiency and ability to effectively utilize medical record systems
WHY JOIN JFS?
For more than 150 years, our agency has been committed to providing high-quality health and social services to all in need in the interest of helping to "repair the world." Our broad range of services is available to all individuals regardless of religious affiliation, ethnicity, race, culture, or gender. In every service area offered at JFS, we focus on client-directed treatment of the whole self.
We rely on our top-notch clinical team to help those we serve find greater happiness and peace in their lives. This is why, in addition to offering competitive compensation and truly exceptional benefits, we are committed to providing a work environment that encourages the sharing of ideas and empowering of our employees.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
This position offers a competitive salary (dependent on your licensure) and great benefits including 4+ weeks of accrued Paid Time Off plus 13 holidays, excellent health insurance options, a 401k plan, life insurance and more! This position requires evidence of having received the COVID vaccination and requires an OMH background check, reliable vehicle, a clean NYS driver's license and required liability insurance levels of 100/300K.
Our administrative offices are conveniently located off of Delaware Avenue with free parking. We are open Monday - Friday; and are closed weekends and all major holidays to allow our staff to enjoy a family-work life balance. If you are a Licensed Mental Health Provider seeking a rewarding career where you can make a difference in people's lives, apply today at https://jfsbuffalo.applicantpro.com/jobs. We look forward to meeting you!