- 20-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Jekyll Island, GA, USA
- Part Time
The Banquet Houseperson sets and maintains all function rooms/areas, including off site meeting spaces, service corridors, storerooms and equipment in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Efficient and correct set up of tables, platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements.
- Set up events in the private event space, which includes Crane Cottage, Cherokee Cottage, Lawn, Beach Pavilion
- Pick-up and deliver boxes/materials for functions as needed.
- Service/freshen function rooms during breaks.
- Break-down of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment. Return all unused equipment in clean condition to proper storage area.
- Keep function and equipment storage areas neat and clean.
- Perform deep cleaning of function areas as assigned.
- On-time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager/supervisor so that corrective action may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Check with manager/supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience: High school education or equivalent experience.
6 months of related experience (Hospitality industry preferred) Warehouse or Set up, Mover
REPORTS TO: Banquet Management
AVAILABILITY: Must be flexible, workdays, AM, PM, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The position requires mobility. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to kneel, stand, stoop, bend, reach, and manipulate objects.
- Duties require attentiveness to visual and audible cues.
- May be required to work in the heat and sun for periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.