- Port Townsend, WA, USA
Pay includes additional 15% in lieu of benefits
ACU & ICU Department
Must be a current nursing student to apply.
The Nursing Technician is a student enrolled in an accredited nursing approved program who is employed part time during the school year and part or full time for the summer in between. They may work up to 30 days (or up to 60 days with approved extension) post-graduation and/or until they receive their RN license.
The Nursing Technician is an important member of the nursing team in providing care on a particular unit. The Nursing Technician can be hired in two roles:
- Giving individualized care under the direction and supervision of a licensed registered nurse
- Assisting with general clinical responsibilities that may contribute directly and indirectly to patient care under the supervision of the charge nurse.
Limitations to practice: The Nursing Technician may not assume the following responsibilities:
- Administrate chemotherapy, blood or blood products, IV medications, or scheduled drugs
- Carry out procedures on central lines
- Take a verbal or telephone order from a physician
- Transcribe a written order
- Be responsible for the daily MAR check
- Carry out any procedure not yet covered in his/her student nursing curriculum
Per Diem; variable days & shifts; TEMPORARY POSITION
Multiple position available
This position will remain open until filled.