- Vancouver, WA, USA
- 20.00-25.00 per hour
- Full Time
100% Employer-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental for employees, with dependent coverage available at cost. Relocation assistance may be possible for a qualified candidate Emergency on-call compensation Mileage compensation is based on IRS rates for 2023. 401(K) with company match, Employer-Provided Life Insurance, FSA, Short-Term Disability, AD&D, HRA, and EAP Services available Year-end Holiday Bonus paid annually
Assistant Property Manager
Pay: Full-Time; Hourly / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Property Manager
Invest West Management is a team of individuals that thrives on our Core Values of; Do the Right Thing, Act Savvy, Be Accountable, Be Thoughtfully Direct, Stay Hungry, and Be a Team Player.
We believe the tenure of our team speaks for itself, with many team members having been with IWM for 10-25 years! We believe in work/life balance and offer a generous time off policy, flexible schedule, and educational support. We believe in giving back to our community and have regularly paid community service events.
Proven since 1979, Invest West Management is a full-serve property management and real estate company servicing the entire Pacific Northwest with offices in Portland and Vancouver area. Our services include the management and maintenance of multi-family apartments, multiplexes, condominiums, and single-family rentals along with commercial, industrial, and retail buildings including the sales and leasing aspects. We manage Community Associations (HOAs, Condominiums, Townhomes, and PUDs) We have licensed realtors on staff for Oregon and Washington. Since our founding, we have been a leader in the property management field. Our staff is comprised of professionals and our services are based on the best practices within our industry.
Essential Functions include:
The Assistant Property Manager will provide assistance with property, administrative and office duties, such as tenant notifications and leasing and prescreening, move in and move outs. Help ongoing tenant communication. Handle data entry and file creation. Responsible for adherence to all company policies and products, including safety.
- Receive resident applications, input and update applications in the software system, and manage wait lists.
- Collect and Verify tenant screening information and send proper documents to the screening company and provide the manager with findings.
- Show vacant locations to applicants and provide applicants with information about the home, community, and amenities.
- Coordinate and assist with move-ins and move-outs.
- Accept and maintain notices of intent to vacate; communicate with manager.
- Perform or assist with move-out inspections.
- Participate in efforts to maintain resident occupancy by meeting with residents to identify and assist with resident concerns, complaints, or grievances; actively act to resolve issues or refer to the manager for appropriate action or guidance.
- Provide first response to residents and property emergencies during regular business hours and shifts; availability for on-call shifts during after-hours and weekends on rotation.
- Accept maintenance work orders from residents, input them into software, review with manager and maintenance as needed; close out work orders upon completion.
- Perform general office and administrative duties including but not limited to answering the telephone, data entry, and file management, checking messages and emails, providing front desk receptionist relief on a rotation basis.
- Management of invoices, including verifying invoices, entering invoices, maintaining filing and logging
- Collect and process resident rent payments.
- Compose and distribute flyers, notices, newsletters, and other information for residents and properties.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions and staff meetings and community project days.
- Knowledge of Washington tenant/landlord laws
The Assistant Property Manager position will evolve, and additional duties and responsibilities may be revised/added as business needs dictate.
Salary and Benefits:
$20.00 to $25.00 per hour commensurate with experience
100% Employer-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental are available for employees. Eligible the first day of the month following your first 60 days of employment, with additional cost depending on your family situation.
Monthly commission bonus eligibility is available based on department metrics met.
401(K) with company match, FSA, AD&D. Short Term Disability, HRA, Life Insurance, and supplemental benefits through Aflac are available, along with EAP Services available.
Potential Bonus eligibility yearly is offered based on company performance.
PTO is offered at 6 hours per pay period.
All Federal Holiday off and paid to add an additional 12 -13 days off a year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Invest West Management is an EEO employer.