Chief of Party
International Development Group (IDG), LLC is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve real and measurable impact for their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
Position Description: The Chief of Party will be responsible for leading and managing the overall operations and technical direction of an upcoming USAID Public Procurement Activity in Serbia. This activity will strengthen the institutional capacities for the management and oversight of a fair, open, non-discriminatory, and transparent public procurement process. The solicitation is not yet live, but it is anticipated to be released in September 2021.
- Provide overall vision, technical leadership, and management for the project.
- Serve as the primary liaison and point of contact with the USAID Mission in Serbia.
- Ensure the completion of timely reports and deliverables as compliant with USAID and US Government policies and procedures.
- Provide quality control for all activities under the project and ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Develop and implement project processes and structures according to USAID's guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day operations including finance and administration, logistics, human resources, in-country partnerships, and contract compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the project's contract.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in economics, governance, public policy, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in management positions leading economic growth projects related to government reforms and accountability.
- Experience in leading country level public procurement reform projects in Eastern Europe is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience as COP or a similar role managing a multi-year, multi-faceted USAID project.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing diverse teams.
- Experience working in Serbia and the Region.
- Strong management skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills for dealing with a wide variety of activities, counterparts, personnel, and other related issues.
- Knowledge of USAID operations, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!