The Executive Housekeeper manages and coordinates the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to housekeeping and laundry operations, and must create an energized and positive work environment that results in the delivery of exceptional guest service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet daily business demands and effectively manage productivity and efficiency to align with company labor models.
- Responsible for actively recruiting and hiring for all Housekeeping positions.
- Oversee administrative processes such as departmental staffing, training and budgeting to ensure proper planning and organization.
- Approach all encounters with guests, employees and members in a professional and personalized manner.
- Maintain on-going communication with hotel department heads and front desk regarding the specific guest requests and overall condition of rooms and public spaces.
- Drive effective communication across the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and clear understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Must have a professional image and personality with strong leadership skills and a focus on safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Coordinate Check-in, arrival, departure, and special needs of all guests.
- Build rapport with hotel guests, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms as necessary, encourage feedback throughout their stay and offer to handle special arrangements.
- Anticipate and follow through on guests' service needs.
- Oversee inventory and ordering supplies and linens for the housekeeping department.
- Provide training including safety and standard operating procedures to all housekeeping personnel as directed by management.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
- Maintain and communicate an up-to-date body of knowledge regarding proper use of and maintenance of laundry equipment, chemical usage and care of linens.
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Ensure adherence to brand and company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans.
- Work with Chief Engineer in executing projects related to floor care, deep cleaning and routine maintenance of public spaces, guest rooms, back of house areas, pool and grounds.
- Distribute keys and work assignments to staff.
- Address guest complaints regarding housekeeping services or equipment. Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
- All other duties as assigned/required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons to complete their individual tasks if situation demands with or without reasonable accommodation.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!