- 01-Sep-2021 to 01-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Part Time
The Institute for Intergovernmental Research (IIR) is a Florida-based, nonprofit corporation specializing in criminal justice (law enforcement focus) and homeland security issues.
IIR established the Office of Applied Research (OAR) to provide direct, specific, and practical research to support our client and programs' goals, objectives, and deliverables. Assignments given to OAR can range from simple to complex. Examples would include collecting and analyzing recent news articles on a criminal justice topic as guidance or an in-depth literature review of a subject that looks at the body of work to inform and support a curriculum. Research is integral to each program at IIR, and the OAR provides cross-functional assistance to ensure that each program integrates evidence-based research into practice. OAR strives for creative research, analysis, and reporting on contemporary issues related to current and potential IIR projects.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The program support assistant for the Office of Applied Research supports the activities, efforts, and work of nationally and internationally recognized subject-matter experts. This entry-level position works directly on teams supporting critical national-level criminal justice programs and provides a unique opportunity to contribute innovative ideas to facilitate law enforcement collaboration.
- Review and analyze information for data entry
- Conduct online research and data validation
- Assist with data entry and maintenance of information in databases
- Document and source online resources
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- High school graduate with job-related experience
- Undergraduate course work and the pursuit or completion of a degree in criminal justice, public safety, security, or law enforcement intelligence degree program preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Critical thinking and decisive reasoning
- Ability to comprehend complex documents and decipher key points
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Most work is performed in a remote-first office environment. Tasks may include preparing shipments of materials requiring the lifting and transporting (with or without reasonable accommodation) of shipment boxes typically weighing up to approximately 50 lbs.
Candidates who have accepted an offer will be required to submit to a background investigation, including criminal history, employment history, educational history, and personal and professional references.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by managers, as appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and IIR reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as appropriate.