- 05-Apr-2021 to 05-May-2021 (EST)
- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Full Time
The Institute for Intergovernmental Research (IIR) is a Florida-based, nonprofit corporation specializing in criminal justice (law enforcement focus) and homeland security issues. In addition to several other national justice programs and projects, IIR's Criminal Justice Initiatives (CJI) team proudly supports the U.S. Department of Justice's (DOJ) National Public Safety Partnership (PSP). PSP provides an innovative framework for DOJ to enhance its support of state, tribal, and local law enforcement officers and prosecutors in the investigation, prosecution, and deterrence of violent crime, especially crime related to gun violence, gangs, and drug trafficking. This approach serves as a platform for DOJ to directly engage with cities to identify and prioritize resources that will help local communities address their violent crime crises. For more information, visit https://www.nationalpublicsafetypartnership.org.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The assistant researcher for criminal justice initiatives is responsible for providing logistical and program support for the development and delivery of law enforcement training and technical assistance.
- Assist with the development of documents and outreach products and training and technical assistance products
- Draft meeting agendas and trip itineraries
- Receive, organize, and track event registrations
- Prepare materials for scheduled events and ensure that all materials are packed and shipped to event site
- Maintain administrative files for National Public Safety Partnership (PSP) and other assigned projects
- Work with outside agencies to coordinate joint training efforts
- Communicate with attendees, subject-matter experts, and cohosts, as needed
- On occasion, provide on-site coordination for events
- Document meeting/conference call proceedings and may conduct post-meeting follow-up
- May administer evaluation of event activities
- Other duties, as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Associate's degree and a minimum of two years' related work experience or a combination of education and professional experience to equal four years
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen to interact with many different departments and decision makers within and outside the organization
- Strong personal and professional values
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet
- Excellent time management skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Most work is performed in a highly productive and fast-paced office environment. Tasks may include preparing shipments of materials requiring the lifting and transporting (with or without reasonable accommodation) of shipment boxes typically weighing up to approximately 50 pounds. Occasional visits to the warehouse may be required. This position may require occasional travel.
Candidates who have accepted an offer will be required to submit to a background investigation, including criminal history, employment history, educational history, and personal and professional references.