The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For 30 years, IHI has used improvement science to advance and sustain better outcomes in health and health systems across the world. IHI brings awareness of safety and quality to millions, catalyzes learning and the systematic improvement of care, develops solutions to previously intractable challenges, and mobilizes health systems, communities, regions, and nations to reduce harm and deaths. IHI collaborates with a growing community to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. IHI generates optimism, harvests fresh ideas, and supports anyone, anywhere who wants to profoundly change health and health care for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
This position can be fully remote.
The Accounting Coordinator will provide support to IHI's expense and budget management functions, as well as organization-wide budgeting and analysis efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for a person who thrives on managing a variety of responsibilities and working with diverse groups of people. This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis within IHI's Finance team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform timely reconciliations of accounts payable reports, including outstanding checks and AP Aging
- Review expenditures for completeness, documentation of charges, accurate coding, and adherence to IHI policies
- Entering of Accounts Payable invoices
- Act as a backup for generating checks and electronic funds transfers, Wire and Credit Card Payments
- Maintain and strengthen stakeholder relationships
- Assist with financial presentations, reports, schedules, and reconciliations
- Contribute to the accurate and timely month-end close process and assist with month end functions as needed
- Assist with pieces of annual audits
- Participate in the team's efficiency and improvement by actively contributing thoughts, ideas, and expertise
Budgeting & Analysis
- Assist Director of FP&A and Senior Financial Analyst with the creation of new budgets in Workday Adaptive Planning
- Help with the process of moving budgets from our pipeline to booked when signed agreements have been received
- Assist in generating monthly budget vs. actual reports via Adaptive Insights
- Support in the preparation of monthly US and Global PowerPoint presentations
- Help with questions/requests from budget owners or project/program teams
- Assist with breakeven analysis for our IHI programs as needed
- Support process to confirm Adaptive is reflecting current booked work and is consistent between our systems
Perform special projects as needed
- Team member in improvement projects
- Ad hoc account receivable projects
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Accounting and Finance experience required
- Ability to manage multiple projects, partnerships, and professional relationships
- Must be highly organized and flexible with keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, establish timelines and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Flexible with a willingness and natural inclination to learn more, hone new skills and assist where/whenever a need arises
- Must have commitment to IHI's mission and values
- Experience using Workday Adaptive Planning and Great Plains or similar software systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong understanding of accounting
At IHI, we are inspired to do our best work and be our best selves by leaning into our values and uniting in our vision to create a future in which everyone has the best care and health possible. We ensure that people feel valued and supported in meaningful ways, as demonstrated in our total rewards package that features competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability plans, FSA plans, matching 401k contributions, discounted MBTA passes, tuition reimbursement, a personal development allowance to support what matters to you, a professional development allowance to support continued learning, respect for personal commitments and flexibility to manage them, generous time off including vacation time, Summer Fridays, a paid week off between Christmas and New Year's Day, wellness and wellbeing time, and other special programs to support employee wellbeing.
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, military service, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political belief, and any other protected class under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.