The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For 30 years, IHI has used improvement science to advance and sustain better outcomes in health and health systems across the world. IHI brings awareness of safety and quality to millions, catalyzes learning and the systematic improvement of care, develops solutions to previously intractable challenges, and mobilizes health systems, communities, regions, and nations to reduce harm and deaths. IHI collaborates with a growing community to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. IHI generates optimism, harvests fresh ideas, and supports anyone, anywhere who wants to profoundly change health and health care for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
Our people are our most valuable resource. Our growing diverse global organization has over 200 staff in our headquarters in Boston, our office in Ethiopia and based remotely throughout the United States and across the world. Staff work across many cultures and time zones.
The Recruiter is responsible for ensuring a world-class candidate experience at IHI while managing the full recruiting lifecycle, from requisition approval to sourcing and outreach to closing candidates. The Recruiter will primarily focus on U.S.-based talent acquisition initiatives and will partner with global HR colleagues, regional leads, and hiring managers on execution of international hiring processes. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Talent.
This is a fully remote position with a salary range of $62,000 - $99,000.
- Develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of the recruitment process
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level and driving the interview process
- Build diverse talent pipelines across all positions, build referral generation, create recruiting events and targeted sourcing campaigns
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization
- Manage staff requisition process, assuring Hiring Decisions Team meetings are facilitated and requisitions are moved expeditiously through the process
- Employ passive recruiting strategies for "talent at the ready," assuring succession planning across all levels
- Drive applications/interest using social media and other online platforms
- Be a relationship builder and proactively engage with hiring managers and candidates
- Post and advertise jobs internally and externally
- Screen applications and select qualified candidates
- Assist with the interview process, scheduling, attending, and conducting interviews with hiring managers and other stakeholders; facilitate hiring decision-making
- Partner with global HR colleagues and stakeholders from other departments on global talent acquisition initiatives
- Develop, document, and apply standard work
- Regularly track pipeline, priorities, performance data, and other key recruitment metrics to share with internal stakeholders
- Assure equity is embedded in all processes (and related metrics tracked)
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact the recruiting organization
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and other Human Resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Report to VP, Human Resources on recruitment statuses, challenges, opportunities, recommendations
- Engage and maintain communication with alumni population
- Manage related documentation and recordkeeping
- Promote IHI brand, mission, and values
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An entrepreneurial mindset, love driving process and taking ownership of the candidate journey end-to-end
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time and project management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software (currently ApplicantPro) or other recruitment systems
- Strong relationship development and management skills
- Ability to prioritize/reprioritize as needs change
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly energetic, motivated, and resourceful
- Willingness to pitch in when necessary at all task levels
- Ability to focus and produce in a remote environment
- Ability to train other staff members and assure HR cross-training is established
- Flexibility to accommodate talent acquisition processes in multiple time zones as needed
- Commitment to IHI Values
- Commitment to equity, anti-racism, and the improvement of societal systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process
- Experience designing talent acquisition processes
- Must have a passion for IHI's mission and a mission-driven approach
- Both agency and in-house recruiting experience helpful
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred; SHRM's Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus
At IHI, we are inspired to do our best work and be our best selves by leaning into our values and uniting in our vision to create a future in which everyone has the best care and health possible. We ensure that people feel valued and supported in meaningful ways, as demonstrated in our total rewards package that features competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability plans, FSA plans, matching 401k contributions, discounted MBTA passes, tuition reimbursement, a personal development allowance to support what matters to you, a professional development allowance to support continued learning, respect for personal commitments and flexibility to manage them, generous time off including vacation time, Summer Fridays, a paid week off between Christmas and New Year's Day, wellness and wellbeing time, and other special programs to support employee wellbeing.
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.