The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For 30 years, IHI has used improvement science to advance and sustain better outcomes in health and health systems across the world. IHI brings awareness of safety and quality to millions, catalyzes learning and the systematic improvement of care, develops solutions to previously intractable challenges, and mobilizes health systems, communities, regions, and nations to reduce harm and deaths. IHI collaborates with a growing community to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. IHI generates optimism, harvests fresh ideas, and supports anyone, anywhere who wants to profoundly change health and health care for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
As an integral IHI team member, the Operations/Information Technology Liaison is responsible for the incorporation of information technology into the operations teams' (including staff that deliver on projects and programs at IHI) workflow to encourage adoption and acceptance of technology solutions. The Operations/Information Technology Liaison promotes staff and customer-friendly information systems processes at IHI to ensure that IHI is seen as the best partner for improvement in health and health care.
- Functions as an operational/IS advisor to senior leadership, as it relates to the prioritization, selection, acquisition, and implementation of technology designed to support operations and delivery.
- Participates on implementation teams and helps to identify baseline measures to set realistic expectations of adoption.
- Develops and implements auditing and review processes to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Designs the education and training programs intended for operations end-users.
- Assesses user acceptance of technology and designs programs aimed at optimizing the use of technology.
- Develop FAQs and other supplemental material to support users
- Makes recommendations and acts as a liaison for routine systems maintenance, upgrades and system downtimes.
- Manages workflow and business process changes to ensure the success and optimization of new or modified information systems.
- Monitors system performance and reports anomalies, errors, inaccuracies and/or inefficiencies.
- Conducts quarterly customer and staff improvement needs assessment to ensure optimal customer/staff satisfaction and adoption of technology systems.
- Works with IT team to prioritize tickets and requests based on staff need
- Provides overall project management to the operations team to support use of technology
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of change management.
- Strong knowledge of systems analysis, workflow planning, gathering business requirements and transforming them into functional specifications.
- Knowledge of adult learning and training methods.
- Strong familiarity with project management, performance improvement and information systems design.
- Awareness of current IT security standards, applicable privacy laws, and other regulatory standards as required.
- Ability to effectively translate technical terminology for use by non-technical audiences.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, and procedural document
- Commitment to equity, anti-racism, and the improvement of societal systems.
- Comfort working with and negotiating across leaders
- Bachelor's required and Master's preferred.
- Seven to ten years of directly related experience.
- Two years leadership experience
- Experience in training and development functions and IT Operations or Project Management functions
- Experience evaluating and implementing organization-wide informatics systems.
- Certifications in health information management, informatics and/or project management preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of the non-profit sector or health care preferred
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.