- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan
IA-VV is looking for employees who want to make a difference!
The Case Manager is pivotal to the success of our clients. The Case Manager meets with assigned clients weekly to do assessment, formulate ISP plan, make referrals, and provide counseling. Assure that each client is provided appropriate mental health services and utilizes program components that are consistent with the client's ISP plan. Interface with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress. The Case Manager maintains other collateral responsibilities as assigned.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director and/or other designated supervisors the Case Manager responsibilities include:
- Meeting with assigned clients weekly to do assessment, formulate ISP plan, make referrals, and provide case management.
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessment of client needs and progress.
- Formulate and updates individual service plans.
- Refer clients as needed.
- Coordinate referrals with appropriate Therapist, employment counselor, and other IA-VV staff on a regular basis as appropriate and/or as directed by supervisor(s).
- Perform crisis intervention.
- Review assigned case files weekly.
- Review Comprehensive Career Guide, Assessment tests, and Career Guide Summary with assigned clients.
- Encourage clients to attend all appointments as appropriate.
- Assure that each client is provided appropriate mental health services and utilizes program components that are consistent with the client's ISP plan.
- Utilize knowledge of counseling modalities to match the appropriate service to client issues.
- Monitor clients' progress on therapeutic issues throughout their stay. Refer clients, as appropriate to their individual needs, to external and internal resources. (e.g. medical, dental, mental health, housing, legal, social services, veterans benefits, and etc.)
- Interface with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress.
- Develop and deliver case presentations at clinical staff meetings to introduce new clients.
- Work as a team with other staff on client interventions when appropriate.
- Inform clinical staff of clients' progress on an ongoing basis.
- Co-facilitate groups as assigned . For example:
- Life Skills Development
- Health & Wellness
- Relationship & Communications Skills Development
- Any Other Groups(s) as assigned by supervisor.
- Monitor medication use.
- Monitor residential clients taking prescribed medication.
- Attend clinical meetings and pursue continued education as required/appropriate.
- Attend weekly Clinical Supervision to receive supervision from Clinical Director and/or other supervisory personnel, and exchanges information with other staff regarding client needs, problems, and progress.
- Attend other clinical meetings as assigned by the supervisor.
- Actively participate in supervision meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Basic understanding of Veterans benefits and issues.
- Basic certified knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery process.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English.
- Valid driver's license, vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Veteran Status a Plus!
IA-VV has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid, paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of IA-VV, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- IA-Veterans Village is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.