- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Competitive pay Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
IA-Veterans Village is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to
be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then IA-VV is the place to start!
Our SUD Counselor is pivotal to the success of our clients. You will build rapport with our clients, trouble shoot barriers to treatment, and make sure each client is utilizing the components of his/her service plan.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Performing intake interviews, assessments and referring clients to mappropriate community resources.
- Performing individual addiction counseling and manage all assigned clients through their treatment completion and follow-up.
- Facilitating structured didactic groups and process
- Assisting residents with individual treatment
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
The right SUD Counselor will be able to meet these qualifications:
- Hold current CCAPP RADT Status
- Basic understanding of Veterans' benefits
- Ability to fluently read, write, and communicate in
- Possess a valid New York Driver's License and vehicle
- Ability to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by your
- Being a Veteran is definitely a PLUS, but not required!
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of IA-VV, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- IA-Veterans Village is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.