- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
IA-Veterans Village is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then IAVV is the place to start!
IA-Veterans Village is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of the Office Manager. The Office Manager is a key member of the Cohen Clinic. He/she will report to the Clinic Director and oversee clinic and financial operations.
- Ensures that the Clinic is in compliance with IA-VV's policies and mprocedures regarding fiscal operations
- Works as the liaison between the Clinic and the Chief Financial Officer
- Manages the Clinic's fiscal operations (i.e., budgeting, accounts receivables and payables, reconciliations, financial reporting, etc.)
- Works with the Intake Coordinator and Clinic Director to coordinate the managed care billing process, managing local relationships with 3rd party insurance and ensuring that the Clinic is in compliance with contractual and reimbursement policies
- Works with the Clinic Director to coordinate the credentialing of each mclinician (CAQH) for 3rd party insurance
- Maintains and monitors all financial records to ensure accuracy, completeness of data and compliance with state and federal rules and regulations
- Assists clients with billing-related matters; assisting clients and/or staff in resolving insurance-related problems
- Establishes policies and procedures regarding risk management and business continuity
- Collaborates with clinic staff and the IA-Veterans Network around financial data collection, trend analysis, research, reporting, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated progress toward a bachelor's from accredited college or university with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with 3rd-party payers, coding, billing,
- At least 3 years of experience collecting, analyzing and reporting financial data
- Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and
- Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology forEconomic and Clinical Health Act.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), coach, mentor, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated Service Excellence Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent customer service to clients and staff.
- Demonstrated Medical Record Maintenance Knowledge -maintains patient medical records in accordance with Company policy and maintains proper assembly of medical records.
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with office safety requirements (including fire safety and other drills)
- Knowledge of CARF or state Licensing preferred
Ability to bend and lift light objects
Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
Seeing to read reports and data
Ability to speak English
Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
IA-VV offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid
vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
- If you were a client of IA-VV, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- IA-Veterans Village is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status