- Rochester, NY, USA
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B life retirement, pay time off
Under the supervision of the Director of Community Resource Center, the Employment Navigator is
responsible for connecting existing CRC clients in case management services to available
employment opportunities facilitated by Ibero. The Employment Navigator will provide intake and
prequalification services to walk-in clients, one-on-one consultation, and referrals to prospective
employers based on matching eligibility.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reports to the Director of Community Resource Center.
• Collaborates with employers and Ibero workforce/business development staff to connect
community members to appropriate opportunities.
• Primarily responsible for connecting a minimum of 50 clients to employment on an annual
basis, with support of other Ibero programs and services.
• Coordinates and schedules employment fairs and other workforce development related events
with the CRC staff.
• Creates an Ibero workforce development calendar at the CRC, to ensure interested community
members are aware of all the programs and collaborations that exist at Ibero.
• Provides job placement opportunities with a focus on retention. Program design includes
financial incentives for clients who retain employment for an extended period.
• Connects community members with the Community Health Workers (CHW) training cohort
• Connects entrepreneurs to the Ibero Business Center - offering business planning services and
pitch competition to aspiring entrepreneurs.
• Manages client information, intakes, and referrals in the imPowr system, a database and online
platform utilized by Ibero to manage client data and services.
• Develops relationships with employers, employment requirements, eligibility for various
trainings, and other supports to ensure clients receive the best match to prospective
• Under the leadership of the director, support and implement the outreach strategy.
• Some evenings and weekends are required.
• Any other duties assigned deemed pertinent by Ibero-American Action League's President & CEO
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence within the framework of the agency's
policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and
understanding of management systems and interpersonal relations. Must keep immediate
supervisor abreast of issues and concerns which merit intervention from higherlevel management
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Developing Others-Ability to teach or foster the development of others, giving constructive
feedback and reassurance after problems.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age,
gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or job type.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted
• Interpersonal-Ability/desire to understand others' attitudes/interests/needs/nonverbal
behavior, listening skills, and understanding strengths/limitations of others.
• Leadership- Ability to Motivate, influence, and support others to accomplish team and
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
HS Diploma or GED required.
A minimum of 2 years' experience engaging in community-based services.
Prior experience in workforce development or job readiness programs, preferred but not required.
Valid driver's license, ability to provide own transportation and travel to various locations.
Experience collaborating with community human services providers.
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, not required.
Must be able to perform all functions with minimal supervision.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate
for the job, may considered.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 10 lbs.
And frequent sitting