- Rochester, NY, USA
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B life retirement, pay time off
Under the supervision of the Executive Vice President of the Ibero-American Development Corporation,
the Equitable Housing Coordinator is responsible for implementing a home-ownership program
targeting first-time homebuyers. The program run through Ibero-American Action League and the
Ibero-American Development Corporation to provide connections to homebuyer education,
implement a cash match program for first-time homebuyers, and other ancillary services to setup
Rochester residents for success. The coordination, planning, and implementation of the Equitable
Home Ownership Program (EHOP) will require collaboration and partnership with internal and
external partners, to include other non-profit organizations and local government.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reports to the Executive Vice President of the Ibero-American Development Corporation.
• Must become knowledgeable of all relevant Federal guidelines and ensure compliance with
HUD funding program, following protocol, policies and procedures.
• Coordinates various services and opportunities that facilitate homeownership, to include
• Supports efforts of IADC and its partners, supporting prospective buyers with the purchase
of properties, pre- and post- homebuyer education and training, and financial education.
• Collaborates with the Community Resource Center on financial support services, qualifying
and verifying candidates for their participation in the EHOP cash match assistance program.
• Supports application to other ancillary services, to include existing city and county resources
designed to support first-time homebuyers.
• Lead community meetings, events, and other activities that create awareness of the program.
• Maintain accurate and organized project records and files.
• Identify additional partners who may contribute to the overall success of the project; must
leverage project and its resources for maximum impact.
• Oversee outreach strategy development; participate or lead where appropriate. Must have a
strong willingness to engage in neighborhoods - getting out of the office to meet people and
connect to available opportunities.
• Some evenings and weekends are required
• Any other duties assigned deemed pertinent by Ibero-American Action League's President & CEO
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence within the framework of the agency's
policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and
understanding of management systems and interpersonal relations. Must keep immediate
supervisor abreast of issues and concerns which merit intervention from higher level management
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Developing Others-Ability to teach or foster the development of others, giving constructive
feedback and reassurance after problems.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age,
gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or job type.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted
• Interpersonal-Ability/desire to understand others' attitudes/interests/needs/nonverbal
behavior, listening skills, and understanding strengths/limitations of others.
• Leadership- Ability to Motivate, influence, and support others to accomplish team and
• Facilitation skills
• Training & Presentation Skills.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
Experience working in housing field.
Valid driver's license, ability to provide own transportation and travel to various locations.
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, not required.
Must be able to perform all functions with minimal supervision.
Familiar with grant funding requirements.
A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate
for the job, may considered.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 10 lbs.
And frequent sitting.