- Niagara Falls, NY, USA
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B life retirement, pay time off
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the implementation and administration of the Ibero Business Center (IBC) program objectives and goals.
The Coordinator is responsible for empowering clients with the knowledge they require to start and maintain profitable businesses so that they will gain economic security and independence for themselves and their families.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report directly to the Program Director.
- Assist in preparation of program content, delivery methods and budgetary requirements within each specific program.
- Assist Spanish and English-speaking entrepreneurs and small business clients with business plan preparation, technical assistance, consulting, loan processes and other business support services.
- Facilitate and assist IBC team with agendas, schedules, and expectations for periodic training classes and additional workshops, including course dates, pitch competition dates, curriculum topics and other pertinent information.
- Assist with client contact and database entries to report goals and outcomes.
- Flexibility to travel to and from various locations in WNY in order to provide business training programs between Rochester and the Buffalo Niagara Region, within the cities of Lockport, Batavia, the Tonawandas and/or other sites in the region.
- Interact with grantor, communities, and clients; supervise any applicable staff to manage programs and establish strong partnerships.
- Monitor, evaluate and revise program operating policies and procedures in collaboration with the director.
- Assist in the development of funding sources for the current program; seek additional funding for new or expanded programs, through grant application processes, fundraising events and/or fee for service-based training programs.
- Assist with outreach to entrepreneurs by helping IBC team develop strategic marketing campaigns to ensure targeted demographics are reached.
- Assist IBC Team with planning the Pitch Competition - participants who complete the program are invited to "pitch" their business idea and compete for startup funding in the course's culminating Pitch Competition .
- Help to identify mentors for IBC clientele.
- Ability to work outside of normal working schedule.
The employee exercises considerable initiative in setting priorities within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of management systems and interpersonal relations. Evidence of self-motivation and ability to work independently is a must.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a task
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Independent learning strategies - Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and meet deadlines. Evidence of self motivation
- Leadership- Ability to Motivate, influence, and support others to accomplish team and organizational goals
- Training & Presentation Skills
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
Skills and Abilities:
- Four-year degree in Human Services or Business Administration (preferred)
- Five years' experience in an equivalent position
- Entrepreneurship background, (preferred)
- Bilingual, Spanish and English Capable
- Intermediate or advanced computer knowledge with Microsoft Office
- A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by the President and CEO
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 30 lbs. and frequent sitting.