- Amsterdam, NY, USA
- 15.00 per hour
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Community Services, the Project Needle Smart Assistant is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the program which include distribution of sharp containers, packaging of used sharps, data entry and reporting, maintenance of sharp disposal kiosk and outreach in the Capital Region.
This position is for a 20 hour work week.
- Promote the program and offer information about overdose prevention and harm reduction to the general community through community events and outreach.
- Read, update, and utilize PNS policy & Procedure for Instruction and reference.
- Prepare, load, unload, and deliver sharp containers to locations in Capital Region.
- Bag, box, tag and hand over waste for hauling.
- Transport waste within authorized vehicle.
- Enter and maintain accurate records on assigned database.
- Submit monthly reports on the day to day activities, waste collections and distribution.
- Maintain, monitor and develop traditional and digital filing systems to accommodate the paperwork associated with reporting and program objectives.
- Maintain communication with partners to manage distribution, pick up and packaging.
- Monitor and communicate with hauling services for site pick-ups, changes and cancelations.
- Always maintain confidentiality unless proper procedures are followed to disclose information.
- Attend trainings and professional development as required by program.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Sr. Coordinator, and administrative staff.
Skills & Abilities:
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Leadership- Ability to motivate, influence, and support others to accomplish team and organizational goals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Associate's Degree in Human Services, or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Capital Region preferred.
- Prior experience in Harm Reduction preferred.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's License and access to own transportation.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to lift to approximately 20lbs. and frequent sitting.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 20 lbs. And frequent sitting.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.