Under the supervision of the Director of Maintenance, the Maintenance Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of all properties occupied by Ibero American Action League.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete emergency and non-emergency repairs as assigned by Supervisor.
- Complete special projects on schedule.
- Respond to special requests for pick-up and delivery of supplies and equipment.
- Purchase materials needed to complete work.
- Monitor performance of regularly scheduled maintenance activities such as repairs and maintenance of heating systems, rug cleaning, snow plowing, landscaping, pest extermination etc.
- Maintain positive relationships and open lines of communication with Ibero personnel located at each site.
- Maintain inventory of janitorial supplies, maintenance tools and equipment.
- Maintain agency owned equipment in good working order.
- Be on call during non-working hours to receive emergency calls related to break-ins, fire alarms, or emergency repairs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of safety systems. Must keep immediate supervisor abreast of issues and concerns which merit intervention from higher level management staff.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in cleaning buildings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Physically able to carry and lift heavy equipment.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and meet Ibero Vehicle Operator Requirements.
- Bilingual Spanish and English preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in building maintenance.
- Able to perform repairs and building renovations as requested.
- A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by the President and CEO.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 50 lbs. and frequent standing.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.