To manage the daily maintenance and janitorial operations of each property occupied by IAAL programs. To oversee IAAL janitorial/maintenance staff, fleet management/oversight, vendor relations, supervise site inspections and promote program relations. Works in collaboration with IADC Property Managers, other IADC maintenance staff and IAAL programs.
- Ensures all properties are in compliance with all applicable regulatory agreements, Federal, state and local laws.
- Assigns and delegates work orders for all IAAL Janitorial/Maintenance staff.
- Responsible for oversight of fleet, ensure routine maintenance is completed, inspections and registrations are up to date.
- Conducts interviews, hires, training, evaluations, development, and discipline of all on-site staff.
- Meets with and responds to program Director's concerns and grievance requests.
- Follows a schedule for routine/preventative maintenance of property and systems, obtains competitive bids from vendors and recommends vendor selection.
- Supervises and ensures completion of scheduled routine/preventive maintenance, work order requests, and maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Gathers input for the development of a long-term capital improvement plan.
- Maintains all property and vehicle inspection, maintenance and permit records.
- Other duties as deemed pertinent by CFO and CEO.
This position holds a minimal degree of independence within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of safety systems.
- High school diploma
- Five (5) years for Conventional/Multi-Site Management and affordable site management
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, conflict resolution and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be bi-lingual-Spanish/English.
- Workable knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to efficiently navigate the Internet.
- Be able to manage a flexible schedule and be available for property emergencies.
- Valid driver's license and New York State motor vehicle insurance.
- Able to travel between local residential sites. Out of area travel as necessary.
- Appropriate combination of education and experience would be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule. Some after-hours on-call and emergencies.
- Implement effective cost control of maintenance and repair expenses.
- Manage the properties in the most competent and cost-effective manner possible in accordance with the goals of the company.
- Prepare and communicate all pertinent data.
- Develop, in conjunction with management, the properties' and financial goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local government regulations, codes, laws, and those of HUD, DHCR, HFA or other governing agencies; have knowledge of and cooperate with area or municipal associations regarding ordinances and restrictions.
- Maintain full compliance of all files and ensure maintenance according to regulations.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 40 lbs.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.