Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Help Desk Specialist will be responsible for providing support for desktops, laptops, and operating systems to a 200+ system area network including the use of remote desktop software.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide user desktop support on a daily basis.
- Provide timely responses to user's questions and concerns with quick problem solving including but not limited to: fixing errors, creating alternative methods of completing a task, correcting user errors, and correcting system inconsistencies.
- Provide problem resolution with users, walk the user through a series of steps to determine problem including printer maintenance and phone system support.
- Promote end-user satisfaction and provide training as needed.
- Install new desktop systems and migrate data to the new machines.
- Work with document imaging technologies and deployment software.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of all equipment, i.e., cell phones, laptops, peripheral equipment, etc. issued to users.
- Completes all work in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of two years experience with Associates Degree in computer science or Information Technology, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of networking and business grade wireless systems.
- Fundamental security and compliance knowledge.
- Valid NYS license and access to reliable transportation
- A combination of training and experience will be considered
The position does require walking, standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 50 pounds and frequent sitting.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.