Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor of Health Home Plus and HARP, the Health Home Plus Care Manager will provide care management services to program participants who are in need of assistance with medical, behavioral health, and/or social services in the community.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify individuals in the community in need of obtaining medical behavioral health and/or social services.
- Ensure the completion the Eligibility Assessment for Health Home Plus.
- Will perform work associated with promoting and restoring the health of program participants by identifying member care requirements, documenting, and ensuring maximal access to high quality care across the continuum. Collaborate with Member, physicians, other interdisciplinary team members, and family members and/or supportive others to support and sustain the Member's wellness goals
- Maintains an active caseload of 12+
- Maintain regular contact with the program participants, including home visits.
- Prepare a Plan of Care which includes a participant's goals based on the needs.
- Maintain and update all client records, assessments, and care plans.
- Work collaboratively with outside providers and team members to ensure program guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Attends all staff meetings and formal/informal trainings session in/outside the agency.
- Is available to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as signed.
This employee exercises some independence in establishing his/her schedule for meetings with program participants, other caseworkers, and community agencies. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of the agency's policies, procedures and regulations as well as exercises initiative in setting priorities to task and in making decisions. Must keep immediate supervisor abreast of issues and concerns which merit intervention from higher level management staff.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Client Oriented - Ability to take care of the clients' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Developing Others-Ability to teach or foster the development of others, giving constructive feedback and reassurance after problems.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal-Ability/desire to understand others' attitudes/interests/needs/nonverbal behavior, listening skills, and understanding strengths/limitations of others.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelors Education and Experience A Master's degree in one of the qualifying1 fields and one (1) year of Experience; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the qualifying fields and two (2) years of Experience; OR
- A Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) and two (2) years of Experience; OR
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in ANY field with either: three (3) years of Experience, or two (2) years of experience as a Health Home care manager serving the SMI or SED population.
- Providing direct services to people with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse, and/or children with SED population; OR
- Linking individuals with Serious Mental Illness, children with SED, developmental disabilities, and/or alcoholism or substance abuse to a broad range of services essential to successful living in a community setting (e.g. medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial services).
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 50 lbs.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.