Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor of Health Home Plus and HARP, the HARP Care Manager will provide care management services to program participants who are in need of assistance with medical, behavioral health, and/or social services in the community.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify individuals in the community in need of obtaining medical behavioral health and/or social services.
- Ensure the completion the Eligibility Assessment for HARP enrolled members to determine HCBS eligibility within 10 business days, but no longer than 21 business days after Health Home enrollment.
- HARP Care Manager will perform work associated with promoting and restoring the health of Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) members by identifying member care requirements, documenting, and ensuring maximal access to high quality care across the continuum. Collaborate with Member, Health Homes, physicians, other interdisciplinary team members, and family members and/or supportive others to support and sustain the Member's wellness and recovery goals.
- Maintains an active caseload of 25+
- Maintain regular contact with the program participants, including home visits.
- Prepare a Plan of Care which includes a participant's goals based on the needs.
- Maintain and update all client records, assessments, and care plans.
- Work collaboratively with outside providers and team members to ensure program guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Attends all staff meetings and formal/informal trainings session in/outside the agency.
- Is available to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as signed.
This employee exercises some independence in establishing his/her schedule for meetings with program participants, other caseworkers, and community agencies. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of the agency's policies, procedures and regulations as well as exercises initiative in setting priorities to task and in making decisions. Must keep immediate supervisor abreast of issues and concerns which merit intervention from higher level management staff.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Client Oriented - Ability to take care of the clients' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Developing Others-Ability to teach or foster the development of others, giving constructive feedback and reassurance after problems.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal-Ability/desire to understand others' attitudes/interests/needs/nonverbal behavior, listening skills, and understanding strengths/limitations of others.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelors degree in any of the following: child & family studies, community mental health, counseling, education, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, recreation, recreation therapy, rehabilitation, social work, sociology, or speech and hearing; OR
- NYS licensure and current registration as a Registered Nurse and a bachelors degree; OR
- A Bachelors level education or higher in any field with five years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnoses; OR
- A Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) OR
- Two years of experience (a Masters degree in a related field may substitute for one years experience) either OR
- Providing direct services to persons diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse; OR
- Linking persons who have been diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse to abroad range of services essential to successfully living in a community setting.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.