Under the guidance and supervision of the Sr. Director-Centro Civico, the Coordinator. The Community Mobilization Program (CMP) Coordinator is responsible for designing, planning and implementing community mobilization and engagement activities that increase awareness of HIV and HIV testing, promote sexual health, and build community support among our target populations - Latinx youth, LGBTQ, refugees and immigrants, and intravenous drug users. Coverage area is the City of Amsterdam, and Albany and Schenectady counties, with an initial focus on the city of Amsterdam and some activities in the City of Albany.
- Promote HIV testing and partner services, testing as prevention, and awareness of and demand for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP).
- Establish strategic partnerships with other agencies to ensure the effective implementation of these activities.
- Conduct surveys and discussion/focus groups with members of target populations.
- Partner with other agencies to develop, implement and evaluate programs for target populations based on data review and collection.
- Organize and participate in prevention events throughout the year.
- Develop, with partner agencies, a prevention program for youth and IDU's.
- Give presentations on cultural competency in the coverage area as requested.
- Develop and implement targeted social media campaigns and written outreach materials.
- Network and coordinate programs with other agencies and schools in the community that serve LGBT+, youth, and individuals living with HIV.
- Preparation of identified grant proposals.
- Acquire resources and potential funding opportunities for programs.
- Submit timely monthly reports to funders.
- Supervise PNS Coordinator.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or delegates.
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of management systems and interpersonal relations.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
Competency Statement(s) Cont'd:
- Developing Others-Ability to teach or foster the development of others, giving constructive feedback and reassurance after problems
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, health care needs or job type
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Interpersonal-Ability/desire to understand others' attitudes/interests/needs/nonverbal behavior, listening skills, and understanding strengths/limitations of others
- Leadership- Ability to Motivate, influence, and support others to accomplish team and organizational goals
- Training & Presentation Skills, ability to relate to the public
- Relationship Building-Ability to build/maintain friendly relationships/networks with people who might be useful in achieving work-related goals
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Public Relations or related field
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bilingual (preferred) in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of the grant writing process.
- Valid NYS license and access to own transportation
- A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by the President and CEO
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 20 lbs. and frequent sitting.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.