Under the guidance and supervision of the Health Home Care Management Program Coordinator, the Care Manager provides care management services to program participants in need of assistance in obtaining medical, behavioral health and/or social services in the community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Identifies individuals in the community in need to obtain medical, behavioral health, and social services. In terms of authority, the employee exercises initiative and some independence in establishing his/her schedule for meetings with participants, other caseworkers and community agencies. The individuals must be resourceful and able to assess situations to determine if a crisis is involved and best practice for short- and long-term interventions within the framework of the agency's and funding source program's policies and procedures.
- Contacts assigned participant within 2 days of receiving referral/ assignment.
- Maintains an active caseload of 40+ individuals.
- Prepare efficient and thorough case notes aligned with client's reported needs and set goals.
- Prepares a Care Plan including participants' goals for each participant in the program.
- Obtains medical, behavioral health and social services for program participants according to their needs.
- Maintains regular contacts with participants in the program including home visits as needed.
- Maintains accurate and updated records/documentation on each participant of all service provided.
- Attends staff meetings and formal/informal training sessions in/outside the agency.
- Participate in community activities as representative of the program when assigned.
- Is available to work outside regularly scheduled work hours as needed.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication: Oral and written -Ability to communicate effectively with others clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree in Human Services; Bacelor's preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (G.E.D) required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Latinos connecting them with community services.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other service providers.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Valid NYS Driver's license and able to provide own transportation.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by the President and CEO
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.