- Waynesville, NC, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available. 403(b) Retirement match, PTO and paid Holidays
JOB TITLE: Business Development Director
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt, Salaried
PURPOSE: To ensure overall sales of products and services to meet the mission of HVO. Lead the definition and prioritization of new products and services for HVO and develop and lead new development efforts. The primary emphasis is to focus on customer relationships, maintain and grow existing partnerships, and develop and grow new strategic partners in both the disposable medical and non-medical drape and packaging space.
AREA OF PROGRAM RESONSIBILITY: New and Existing Business Development
- Oversees HVO production revenues.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Collaborates with the CFO to ensure that products are meeting profitability criteria.
- Builds solid relationships with customers, vendors, and the HVO Business Development team.
- Establishes short and long-range sales forecasts.
- Research emerging trends and recommend new company offerings to satisfy customers' needs.
- Develops and manages strategic partnerships to grow business.
- Presents business or marketing opportunities to company leadership team.
- Utilizes HVO ERP software platform to manage sales data that best meets company needs.
- Works cooperatively with customers and HVO operations management to determine and recommend the most effective production process for all products.
- Prepares documents such as price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates and service obligations.
- Annually or as needed, reviews and/or adjusts pricing to meet target margins; is additionally responsible for initiating a mandatory price review when costs deviate more than 5% on any given product.
- Conduct negotiations to determine contract terms and ensure profitable deals.
- Monitors all production contracts for cost changes that affect pricing; recommend adjustments to pricing and inform customers upon any changes.
- Oversees and helps plan all Business Development travel in relation to customer visits, tradeshows, and any marketplace activities.
- Manages HVO's strategic marketing efforts, including HVO's Marketing Plan.
- In conjunction with HVO Product Development, manages new product development activities in product definition and prioritization of sample development.
- Recommends hiring, dismissal, promotion, and disciplinary action for all assigned personnel in accordance with the organizational structure related to this position.
- Collaborates with Purchasing to ensure that HVO's supply chain will support its operating strategy. Assists with reviewing and researching new supplier opportunities for new vendor and/or cost-savings opportunities.
- Prepares, manages and maintains budget information for the Business Development Department.
- Prepares all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Required to attend the monthly HVO Board meetings to provide reports and updates to the HVO Board of Directors on Business Development activities.
- Provides consistent and timely communication to the HVO President on business development activities and the impacts to HVO.
- Abides by the Wireless Device Policy stipulations.
- Responsible to ensure that all travel and entertainment costs adhere to the HVO Travel policy.
- Other duties as required and directed by HVO President
- Participate in HVO led and HVO-sponsored community activities.
- Must be aware of applicable HVO safety rules and regulations and assure that personnel under the supervision of this position comply with these rules and regulations.
MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS/PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Ability to relate to persons with disabilities
- 3-5 years experience in negotiating business contracts
- 3-5 years experience in selling and development of manufactured products, specifically medical device manufacturing
- Must be familiar with FDA and ISO standards as it relates to HVO's quality system
- Keep current of industry trends and methodology as related to present products
- Demonstrated ability with current operational software.
- Must possess a valid NC driver's license and be approved by HVO's automobile insurance carrier
- Possess or be able to get a passport and travel internationally
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or related field