- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
We offer a well-rounded benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision after 60 days, and 10 paid holidays. A 401(k) plan, life insurance, and short and long-term disability are available after 90 days.
Hunton Trane, a division of the Hunton Group in Houston, TX (www.huntongroup.com) is seeking to hire an entry level Mechanical Engineer to join our team as an Inside Sales Engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating equipment selection, project pricing, proposals, submittals, and other details for each project. Candidate must be detail and customer service oriented with excellent organizational skills. This position requires a high level of oral and written correspondence with Sales Engineers, Customers and Manufacturers to ensure timely completion of assigned projects while maintaining customer satisfaction. Must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced & high-volume environment. Come work for an industry leader that has been recognized both locally and nationally as one of Top Places to Work!
- Coordinate with Outside Sales Engineers to create and maintain job files for each job throughout its duration.
- Support team of Sales Engineers on assigned projects to optimize the job through the stages of product selection, specifications, reviewing plans, estimates, proposals, value engineering, and redesigns.
- Responsible for developing and managing multiple Submittal requests and for preparing correct project related data information and equipment for order entry.
- Must be able to read, understand, and interpret building plans & specs and be familiar with common system designs.
- Determine project requirements, constraints, and responsibilities to meet the customer's system design, installation and maintenance requirements.
- Resolve internal and external technical support requests or issues related to product selection, application, specification, installation, etc.
- Prepare detailed takeoffs, pricing, and proposals based on plan review and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong technical and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Preferred experience in the HVAC, estimating, engineering, construction management or contracting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of MEP Consulting, Architecture, Design Suite, ACAD or CAD, General and Mechanical Contracting, Engineering or Construction industry a plus.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.