- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
We offer a well-rounded benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision after 60 days, and 10 paid holidays. A 401(k) plan, life insurance, and short and long-term disability are available after 90 days.
Convergentz, a division of Hunton Group in Houston, TX (www.huntongroup.com), has a new and exciting opportunity for you to join our organization as a Fire Alarm System Service Technician. Ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of experience servicing and/or installing fire safety equipment.
You will be responsible for fire alarm system installation and maintenance to ensure that all systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. You will need to establish and manage healthy customer relationships, have professional and effective communication skills, proactive in conflict resolution and be safety minded. Come work for an industry leader that has been recognized both locally and nationally as one of Top Places to Work!
Duties will include:
- Servicing, inspecting, and testing Fire Alarm Systems to manufactured specifications.
- Performing on site emergency troubleshooting, programming, and repairs of Fire Alarm Systems.
- Analyze blue prints, schematics and drawings of Fire Alarm Systems and other related electrical systems.
- Diagnose problems or failures in assigned systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Commission systems, including loading software programs and implementing modifications.
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress.
- Create detailed test and inspection reports based on code requirements and customer needs.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of fire alarm codes and standards.
- Identify code and non-conformance issues.
- Report on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license with a safe driving record (no violations within the past 3 years).
- NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level II or above.
- Must be thoroughly capable of reading, interpreting, and applying system design plans, as well as building construction drawings and documents.
- Must be able to differentiate types and colors of electrical wire.
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.