- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
We offer a well-rounded benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision after 60 days, and 10 paid holidays. A 401(k) plan, life insurance, and short and long-term disability are available after 90 days.
Convergentz, a division of Hunton Group in Houston, TX (www.huntongroup.com), has a new and exciting opportunity for you to join our organization as a Security Systems Service Technician. Ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of experience servicing and/or installing security system equipment.
You will be responsible for security system installation and maintenance to ensure that all systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. You will need to establish and manage healthy customer relationships, have professional and effective communication skills, proactive in conflict resolution and be safety minded. Come work for an industry leader that has been recognized both locally and nationally as one of Top Places to Work!
- Servicing, inspecting, and testing security and access control systems to manufactured specifications.
- Performing on site emergency troubleshooting, programming, and repairs of security and access control systems.
- Analyze blue prints, schematics and drawings of security systems and other related electrical systems.
- Diagnose problems or failures in assigned systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Commission systems, including loading software programs and implementing modifications.
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress.
- Create detailed test and inspection reports based on code requirements and customer needs.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of security system codes and standards.
- Identify code and non-conformance issues.
- Report on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license with a safe driving record (no violations within the past 3 years).
- Knowledge of network components, workstation and server operating system management, IP addressing, IP video network transmission, subnetting, basic switch, router, and firewall principles.
- Must be able to differentiate types and colors of electrical wire.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Software House CCure 9000, American Dynamics Victor, Pelco Video Expert, Commend / Code Blue Intercom systems, DVTel video, and Milestone video certifications preferred.