Maintains grounds of rental properties as well as other properties owned by the Company by performing landscaping, grounds maintenance, and similar duties as outlined below.
This is a seasonal position to assist with summer and fall outside help. Scheduled from 7:30am-4:00pm with a 30-minute break, this position receives 40 hours per week. Desired employment of August 22nd - November 18th.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cuts lawns.
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Rakes and bags or burns leaves.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Waters lawn and shrubs.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls, and walks.
- Paints fences and outbuildings.
- Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mower, spreader, and snow removal equipment.
- Follows job work instructions and training matrix, where applicable.
Valid Indiana Driver's License required.