JOB TITLE: Resident Relocation Coordinator (RC)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Project Director
SUPERVISES: depends upon site staffing requirements
A salaried position, the Relocation Coordinator, is a key member of the Relocation team at a site. The RC is responsible for overseeing/implementing the day-to-day relocation tasks required at a site. This includes but it not limited to: working closely with residents to prepare them for and assist them with all required relocation activities; supervising other HOU staff members at the site, as necessary; interfacing and communicating regularly with the client; managing third-party vendors such as moving companies, cleaners, pest control companies; data collection and tracking; and monitoring site budget and expenses. It is expected that this is done with a positive attitude and solutions-based approach. The RC represents HOU at internal and external events and activities and is constantly forwarding our mission and reputation.
STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
- Oversee and participate in the surveying of residents to best understand their relocation needs and preferences in regard to relocation.
- Participate in/convene resident and community meetings/drop-in sessions to discuss relocation process as well as resident relocation rights and benefits.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate notices to affected households regarding the relocation program; ensure proof of resident receipt for notices requiring such proof.
- Provide relocation counseling and assistance in compliance with applicable Federal, State and/or local regulations.
- Provide support to Assistant Project Director and Project Director in the development of funder/regulatory-required relocation plan and administer relocation policies as outlined in this approved relocation plan.
- Coordinate flow of information between HOU, Property Management, the Client and each Resident.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to Client, Director and Development team and update/maintain relocation files, database, lottery list (if needed) and relocation tracking reports.
- Create an agenda for weekly Relocation Meetings; take minutes of each meeting and circulate to team within 48 hours of meeting.
- Conduct pre-inspection of unit to ensure it meets Decent, Safe and Sanitary requirements of URA prior to offering providing as comparable unit offer.
- Notify residents of their move date and provide ongoing contact and support to ensure that they are prepared to move.
- Check in with residents at least 30 days prior to move and then at 3-, 2-, and 1-week, and 72-, 48- and 24- hours prior to move date.
- Provide assistance with arranging for moves, including packing/unpacking assistance, utility disconnection and reconnection, completing change of address forms (if applicable) for households desiring such assistance.
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise moves and other associated tasks, such as pest inspection, unit turnover, (dependent upon client and job)
- Work closely with construction, property management, development and moving contractors to ensure residents have vacated their units in accordance with the demolition/renovation and relocation schedule, keys have been turned over to property management and units are properly secured.
- Establish procedures for minimizing resident property damage, including inventorying furniture and taking photos/video and serve as initial point of contact regarding resident claims of damage/loss.
- Interphase with resident's family/friends and/or social services staff to ensure seamless provision of services and/or to address obstacles to relocation.
- Represent HOU to local, state, federal agencies, the private housing industry, and community groups as necessary.
- Participate in weekly supervision and scheduled site meetings with the APD.
- Ensure relocation files contain required documentation and data tracking system is updated regularly.
- Complete all tasks identified in site work plan and perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide staff coverage at other local sites, as needed, and if your site schedule permits.
- Experience in relocation services, social services, customer service or other such similar fields preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with diverse populations and to communicate effectively with numerous stakeholder groups including staff, clients, and residents.
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and on a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands the importance of team and can be an integral and effective team member.
- (If supervising staff) Ability to lead and organize staff.
- Self-directed, ability to work independently and multitask.
- A positive attitude and a propensity to learn and take on more tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google docs, as well as Database applications.
- Ability to be a creative problem-solver.
- Languages: Arabic, Farsi, and or Persian. Able to provide interpreting and written translations.
- Excellent organizational skills
The ideal Relocation Coordinator will possess the following additional skills:
- Flexibility and adaptability--skilled at "rolling with the punches"
- Ability to maintain a calm atmosphere under pressure and stressful situations
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and people, without taking it personally
- Sense of humor
- Sensitivity to different cultures and diversity, with the capacity to work with diversity that extends beyond race.
About Housing Opportunities Unlimited
HOU is a national company that provides direct resident services, resident relocation assistance, and consulting assistance to public, private, and affordable housing entities. HOU is looking to work in a diverse range of low- and mixed-income communities throughout twenty-one states and the District of Columbia. We specialize in assisting residents that are in transition due to major redevelopment projects and provide services to assist residents with lease compliance, self-sufficiency, youth development, and aging in place.
HOU offers a competitive salary and provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, health reimbursement account (HRA), FSA, life, vision, dental, disability insurance, educational assistance, paid time off and sick leave, flexible work schedule, and a 401K retirement plan. HOU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOU is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek a diverse staff that is reflective of the community we serve.
It is the policy of the HOU to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Please visit: https://housingopportunities.applicantpro.com/