- Member Advocate/Customer Service
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Relocation Assistant
REPORTS TO: Relocation Coordinator (if applicable)
STATUS: Full-Time; Non-Exempt Competitive Based on Experience
Housing Opportunities Unlimited (HOU) is a national company that provides resident relocation assistance, direct resident services, and consulting assistance to public, private and affordable housing entities. HOU works in a diverse range of low- and mixed-income communities throughout twenty-one states and the District of Columbia. We specialize in assisting residents that are in transition due to major redevelopment, renovation, or renovation-in-place construction projects. We have successfully relocated 22,000+ families. HOU's mission is to ensure that residents are treated fairly and experience minimum physical and emotional stress during the relocation process while ensuring that our clients' projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The Relocation Assistant is a key member of the Relocation team at a site. The Relocation Assistant assists the Relocation Coordinator in the implementation of the relocation of residents. This includes but is not limited to: working closely with residents to prepare them for and assist them with their upcoming relocation as well as their return to their new unit.
- Participate in the surveying of residents to best understand their needs and parameters in regard to relocation.
- Attend resident and community meetings/drop-in sessions to discuss the relocation process.
- Distribute appropriate notices to affected households regarding relocation programs.
- Work with residents to prepare them for temporary relocation by providing check-ins and support.
- Provide more intensive support to frail elders and those with special needs.
- Notify residents of their move date and provide ongoing contact and support to ensure that they are prepared to move.
- Be present for household moves to provide move-day support to residents
- Participate in weekly supervision and scheduled site meetings with the Relocation Coordinator and Central Office staff.
- Complete all tasks identified in the site work plan and perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree and experience in relocation services, resident services, affordable housing or other such similar fields preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work with diverse populations and to communicate effectively with numerous stakeholder groups including clients, and residents.
- Ability to work under time constraints on a variety of projects and tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands the importance of team and can be an integral and effective team member.
- A positive attitude and a propensity to learn and take on more tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google docs, sheets and other Database applications.
- (If specific language required due to resident population) Able to provide interpreting and written translations.
The ideal Relocation Assistant will possess the following additional skills:
- Flexibility and adaptability--skilled at "rolling with the punches"
- Ability to maintain a calm atmosphere under pressure and stressful situations
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and people, without taking it personally
- Sense of humor
- Sensitivity to different cultures and diversity, with the capacity to work with diversity that extends beyond race.
HOU offers a competitive salary and provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, health reimbursement account (HRA), FSA, life, vision, dental, disability insurance, educational assistance, paid time off and sick leave, flexible work schedule, and a 401K retirement plan. HOU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOU is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek a diverse staff that is reflective of the community we serve.
It is the policy of the HOU to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
To Apply: Please use link below-