Days with On Call rotation.
A Hospice Home Care Social Worker provides clinical social work services to patients and families utilizing a variety of modalities, and in accordance with State/Federal regulations. The social worker is an integral member of the interdisciplinary team and acts as a consultant for psychosocial aspects of coping with illness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled social work services including counseling, support, advocacy, long term planning, community resource coordination, crisis intervention and other services to optimize patient care.
- Observes, records, and reports the patient and family's reaction to treatment and any change in the patient's condition to the physician and/or patient case manager and other staff involved.
- Assists the physician and other members of the home health team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors.
- Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems in daily living and to help them follow medical recommendations to maximize quality of life.
- Adheres to Social Work Quality Assurance standards, keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge for service provision; and assists in audits/peer reviews as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Participates in the agency's quality improvement program and documents quality assurance data as required; Completes work, care and documentation with accuracy and within time frames.
- Maintains client charts and other written/computerized record keeping assignments in a timely fashion.
- Education / Certification
Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school with current licensure in the State of New York.
Valid Driver's License, free of serious violations, and vehicle required for use when on duty or on-call.
One year of social work experience in a health care setting.
Hospice offers a Competitive Pay Structure.
- Premium Pay $ per hour on base depending on role
- Shift Differential $ per hour on base depending on time of day, and day of the week
Hospice offers a Robust Total Rewards Package
- Employer 401k contribution regardless of employee participation, and match on employee contributions there after
- Health Insurance with vision component copayment plan, or high deductible plan
- HSA with high deductible health plan twice annual Employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off PTO & NYS Sick Leave
- Tuition Assistance Program
- And Much More!