**In applying for this role, please submit a CV that outlines not only past experience, but also research experience, awards, professional affiliations, publications, etc.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Director of Research, the research staff, as well as others in the organization to support and assist in oversight and coordination of research initiatives. This individual will assist the Director of Research in duties to ensure timely execution of study protocols and related projects. The incumbent will be expected take on an active role in research activities, such as conceptualization, implementation, recruitment, data collection, analysis, report/grant/manuscript writing, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and Oversight: Provide coordination and assist in oversight of research studies within the department, organizing project assignments and duties to support timely project completion, working closely with the Director of Research
- Research: Assumes various lead and supportive roles in the activities related to clinical research including, but not limited to: conceptualization, obtaining consent, data collection and analysis and dissemination of research findings
- Data analysis and management: Responsible for overall data accuracy and quality housed in the research department. Performs quantitative data analysis and provides reports, working alongside research team members.
- Compliance: Ensure that all that all appropriate institutional, state, and federal regulations are followed throughout all research projects and that research protocols are approved by Institutional Review Board
- Communication and Collaboration: Integrate and interface research activities with clinical and administrative staff
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expected to perform additional duties related to research and research-adjacent efforts
- Experience in research project coordination, recruitment, data collection, and data analysis
- Strong quantitative research methods required, preference given to people with both quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Excellent skills with data analysis software e.g. SPSS
- Knowledge and experience in human subject research, IRB policies and regulatory compliance
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, organizational and collaboration skills
- Must be able to work autonomously and collaboratively with multidisciplinary team and demonstrate reliability and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple studies
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to present ideas effective in formal and informal settings to a wide and diverse range of people (physicians, researchers, co-workers, community members)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to learn electronic software specific to work environment
Education / Certification
- Bachelor's degree in health or social related field such as health studies, psychology, sociology or relevant field of study/major with 5 years research work experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle for travel to conduct research studies at sites that may include patient and family homes.
- Min. 5 years of experience in working with human study research participants
- Preference strongly given in working with patients and personnel in healthcare, particularly in palliative care and/or hospice setting
- Typical office setting. May experience eye and repetitive motion strain from work on computer.
- Position requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching along with a normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must be able to negotiate stairs, driveways, and other environmental objects, for off-site appointments and events.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computer, mobile device, phone, copier, scanner, printer, or related items.
May be called upon to work beyond the normal workday.
- Must have good personal hygiene and adhere to corporate dress policy.