Days with some evenings, holiday rotation.
Provide assessment and grief counseling services to adults and children who's loved one received Hospice care. Facilitate group grief support, present internal and external educational programs to HPCB employees, as well as provide grief support, inservice and resource to the community at large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate a counseling plan of care, initiate and support clients through the grief process. Assess for risk factors that may contribute toward complicated grief reactions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of counseling theory and interventions in the areas of individual, family and group work.
- Demonstrates knowledge of grief theory related to complicated grief, anticipatory grief, loss-specific issues, and reactions to loss at various developmental ages and life-stages.
- Provide psychoeducation to clients, facilitate community presentations, and facilitate resource linkage.
- Facilitate support groups with ongoing evaluation and development to meet evolving needs of clients and community.
- Participate in individual and peer supervision.
- Adhere to EMR and written documentation in an effective and timely fashion.
- Meet productivity guidelines established by HPCB.
Current NYS Driver's License, free of serious violations, vehicle is required.
Education / Certification
- Master's in counseling, social work, psychology.
- Licensure preferred.
- 3 years in counseling position, preferably in the field of grief and loss, hospice or related field/population
- Clinical expertise with grief/loss issues, and community resources.