- Plano, TX, USA
- Full Time
HomeRiver Group offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package which includes medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, vision insurance, life/AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, paid company holidays, paid time off, and 401(k) employer matching contributions.
HomeRiver Group is looking for a full-time Property Accountant to join the team. The right individual must have strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and keep an open communication within the team. This is a fully remote position.
- Performs accounting and reporting duties for institutional investor-owned single family rental properties.
- Prepares daily bank reconciliations, resolving discrepancies, and comparing statements with general ledger.
- Assist operations team with guidance on cash positions.
- Completes distribution and funding schedules based on individual client's needs.
- Assist with other banking functions to include but not limited to wire transfers, intra-company account transfers, and loan payments.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet activity, resolving any discrepancies.
- Review General Ledger coding to ensure property account coding and prepare reclasses.
- Prepare and maintain monthly and periodic journal entries.
- Prepare client billing schedules and corresponding reconciliation.
- Complete regular reviews and analysis of tenant ledgers, including subledgers and corresponding reconciliations.
- Track and process bad debt write-offs.
- Assists with General Ledger research and client requests as needed.
- Assists in pulling audit support at year end and as requested by clients.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Solid working knowledge of accounting, GL processing and reporting
- Strong communication skills with customer-centric focus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong accounting systems experience
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Must have a high sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and organized
Education and Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years Real Estate Accounting experience required
- Experience with Property Management industry and/or PropertyWare software is a plus
ABOUT HOMERIVER GROUP
HomeRiver Group is an integrated national platform offering world-class property management services to investors in the single family and multi-family rental markets. Our mission to provide aggressive, proactive, and honest property management continues. This partnership allows us to combine our local knowledge and experience with the tools and resources provided by a larger organization. We strive to be professional, to communicate well, and to continue educating ourselves and our customers. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and transparency in dealing with our clients, our residents, our vendors, and each other.
Our exceptional employees enjoy a fun and rewarding team culture. We treat each other with respect, sensitivity, and consideration. Employees also enjoy competitive pay and generous benefits. Our belief is that happy employees will provide the best service to our clients and customers.
READY TO JOIN OUR ACCOUNTING TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for the Property Accountant position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
HomeRiver Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer