- Plano, TX, USA
- Full Time
HomeRiver Group offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package which includes medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, vision insurance, life/AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, paid company holidays, paid time off, and 401(k) employer matching contributions.
HomeRiver Group is seeking a full-time Property Accounting Associate to join our team. The Property Accounting Associate is responsible for maintaining tenant and owner general ledger accounts and assists with maintaining compliance of internal and external policies and procedures. Our ideal candidate should be energetic, organized, detail-oriented and a team player, with a passion for accounting and a desire to facilitate the company's growth. This is a remote work from home position.
- Process tenant notices to vacate
- Prepare an accounting of the tenant's security deposit upon move out
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations
- Process owner distributions/contributions
- Collaborate with property management team to analyze tenant/owner ledgers, research and resolve questions
- Assist in year-end tax preparation and owner statement generation
- Review key financial data in legal documents including management agreements, leases, tax documents, etc. for proper set-up in accounting software, collaborate with property management team to adjust as necessary
- Coordinate with other departments to close out owner ledgers when relationship has ended
- Assist with state sales tax filing and licensing for clients (Hawaii, Arizona, and California)
- Calculate commissions for leasing and listing real estate agents
- Other duties as required
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and take ownership of work product
- Be a self-starter and have a willingness to learn
- Has a strong customer service mentality
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate/communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Excel
- Prior work experience in property management and/or real estate
- Knowledge of PropertyWare software
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance-related field
ABOUT HOMERIVER GROUP
HomeRiver Group is an integrated national platform offering world-class property management services to investors in the single family and multi-family rental markets. Our mission to provide aggressive, proactive, and honest property management continues. This partnership allows us to combine our local knowledge and experience with the tools and resources provided by a larger organization. We strive to be professional, to communicate well, and to continue educating ourselves and our customers. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and transparency in dealing with our clients, our residents, our vendors, and each other.
Our exceptional employees enjoy a fun and rewarding team culture. We treat each other with respect, sensitivity, and consideration. Employees also enjoy competitive pay and generous benefits. Our belief is that happy employees will provide the best service to our clients and customers.
READY TO JOIN OUR ACCOUNTING TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for the Property Accountant Associate position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
HomeRiver Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer