Hohl Industrial Services is seeking a Class A Driver for our Dispatch Team!
This year-round position is set up for a successful candidate to join the Teamsters union. If you have the desire to excel, are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done and want to be recognized and rewarded in a "team first" environment, then Hohl Industrial Services may have the career for you!
We offer stable employment, comprehensive benefits, and a growing backlog of work to keep our talented teams on task. Not only that, but we are also an employee-owned company!
Please note that Hohl Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Summary: Responsible for driving heavy tractor trailers and large equipment in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive tractor trailers and other large equipment to transport loads.
- Load and unload field equipment and/or fabricated items onto trucks and trailers for delivery.
- Make miscellaneous pick-ups and deliveries as directed by supervisor and communicate with field personnel to coordinate such pick-ups and deliveries to proper locations.
- Responsible for safe transportation of loads and maintaining vehicles in safe operating condition.
- Maintain appropriate DOT/FMCSA required paperwork.
- Work with little to no supervision.
- Clean and wash vehicles on a regular basis.
- Assist with tool and equipment check in, check out and maintenance, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certifications / Licenses:
- CDL Class A license and a minimum of two years Class A driving experience required.
- Fork-truck operator experience required, certification preferred.
- Heavy hauling and/or steel hauling a plus.
Language / Communications Skills:
- Primary Language: English
- Ability to read and write in the primary language
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form using the primary language
- Ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with personnel at all levels within the organization as well as external contacts such as union craft personnel, clients, salespersons, etc.
Mathematical / Analytical Skills:
- Ability to perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide)
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Ability to assess situational conditions and apply knowledge, skills, training, etc. to appropriately and effectively address the situation
- General knowledge of warehousing operations, small inventory and safety procedures.