- 05-Jan-2022 to 05-Jan-2023 (PST)
- Full Time
Application review will take into account without limitation the following criteria: union membership and qualifications, and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Hoffman Structures.
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood and plywood using carpenter's hand tools and power tools while conforming to local building codes.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
• Select specified type of lumber or other materials.
• Prepare layout using tape measure, framing square, builders levels & lasers.
• Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials using pencil or chalk.
• Shapes materials to prescribed measurements using saws, chisels and other hand tools.
• Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, screws, lags and nuts and bolts.
• Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter's level.
• Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
• Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
• Belong to local union hall.
• Work is mainly outside thus exposed to various weather conditions.
• Able to pass Pre-Employment & Regular Drug Tests.
• Must be able to wear fall protection equipment and physically able to climb ladders and cranes.
• Standing/Walking - Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Bend (neck and back) - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Use of hands for repetitive grasping - Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Use of hands for pushing & pulling - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Use of hands for fine manipulation - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Squatting & Kneeling - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Climb (stairs & ladders) - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Reaching Overhead - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Lift Overhead - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Knee Stand - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Lift/Carry - at least 40 pounds - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Pushing & Pulling - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team.
• Must be able to make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
• Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results.
• Must be able to plan and organize work.
• Must possess strong mathematical skills, calculate proper dimensions of components, read blue prints, manuals, and communicate with coworkers.
• Must not be afraid of heights.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with Hoffman's Safety Policy.
• Good attendance.
• Must be able to read a tape measure.
Click Here to
Sign Up For Job Alerts!