- 05-Jan-2022 to 05-Jan-2023 (PST)
- Full Time
Application review will take into account without limitation the following criteria: union membership and qualifications, and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Hoffman Structures.
Performs any combination of the following duties on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision:
• Measure distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
• Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
• Levels earth to fine grade specifications, using pick and shovel.
• Pour concrete in walls, columns, and slabs with bucket, pump, or tailgate from truck; muck (rake) fresh concrete for finishers.
• Mixes concrete, using portable mixer.
• Erect scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
• Mops, brushes, or spreads paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
• Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
• Grinds, sands, or polishes surfaces, such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring, using abrasive tools or machines.
• Performs variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools, such as demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete.
• Work is usually performed with other workers.
Must be able to pass a Hoffman drug test.
• Work is mainly outside thus exposed to various weather conditions.
• Standing/Walking - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Bend (neck and back) - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Use of hands for repetitive grasping - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Use of hands for pushing & pulling - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Use of hands for fine manipulation - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Squatting & Kneeling - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Climb (stairs & ladders) - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Reaching Overhead - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Lift Overhead - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Knee Stand - Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Lift/Carry - at least 40 pounds - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Pushing & Pulling - Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team.
• Must be able to make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
• Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results.
• Must be able to plan and organize work.
• Must possess strong mathematical skills, calculate proper dimensions of components, read blue prints, manuals, and communicate with coworkers.
• Must not be afraid of heights.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with Hoffman's Safety Policy.
• Good attendance.
• Must be able to read a tape measure.
Click Here to
Sign Up For Job Alerts!