- 05-Jan-2021 to 05-Jan-2022 (PST)
- Cement Masons
- Full Time
Application review will take into account without limitation the following criteria: union membership and qualifications, and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Hoffman Structures.
Finisher; smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures, using hand tools or power tools, including floats, trowels, screeds, power tools.
• Spreads concrete using rake or shovel.
• Screeds concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using 2 x 4 screed and floats.
• Smooth, and shape surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screed.
• Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel.
• Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer, and patches holes with fresh concrete.
• Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• May produce rough concrete surface, using broom. May specialize in finishing steps and stairways.
• May break up and repair old concrete surfaces, using pneumatic tools, and be designated Cement Mason, maintenance (any industry).
• Belong to local union hall.
• Work is mainly outside thus exposed to various weather conditions.
• Able to pass Pre-Employment & Regular Drug Tests.
• Must be able to wear fall protection equipment and physically able to climb ladders and cranes.
• Standing/Walking – Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Sit – Seldom (less than 33% a day).
• Bend (neck and back) – Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Use of hands for repetitive grasping – Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Use of hands for pushing & pulling – Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Use of hands for fine manipulation – Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Squatting & Kneeling – Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Climb (stairs & ladders) – Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Reaching Overhead – Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Lift Overhead – Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Crawling - Seldom (less than 33% a day).
• Knee Stand – Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Lift/Carry - at least 40 pounds – Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Pushing & Pulling – Frequently (33% to 66% a day).
• Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team.
• Must be able to make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
• Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results.
• Must be able to plan and organize work.
• Must be able to read blue prints, manuals, and communicate with coworkers.
• Must not be afraid of heights.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with Hoffman's Safety Policy.
• Good attendance.
Click Here to
Sign Up For Job Alerts!