POSITION SUMMARY: This position will layout and frame walls, ceilings, and soffits as well as hang Gypsum board materials, and install trims and specialty components. Various metals and wood products will be used to complete the tasks associated with this position.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, and/or building plans for information pertaining to the type of material required and dimensions of components being constructed
- Selection proper materials for application
- Prepare layout using tape measure, framing square, builders' levels & lasers
- Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials using markers or chalk
- Assembles components by cutting to necessary sizes and fastening them together with screws and/or nuts and bolts
- Verifies trueness of assembled components with plumb bob and carpenter's level
- Work can vary from outdoors to indoors, thus the employee will be subject to various weather conditions
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Standing/Walking: Constantly; 66% to 100% a day
- Legs: Must be able to climb stairs - 5% of day
- Hands (repetitive grasping): Constantly; 66% to 100% a day
- Hands (pushing and pulling): Frequently; 33% to 66% a day
- Hands (fine manipulation): Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Vision: Visual acuity in near, mid and far range vision. Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, hand/eye coordination
- Hearing: Sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone and radio; sufficient to hear alarms on equipment
- Speech: Sufficient to make oneself heard in person, speak in front of groups, and be understood over the telephone and radio
- Climbing (stairs and ladders): Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Lift/Carry: Up to at least 40lbs- Frequently; 33% to 66% a day
- Lift Overhead: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Reaching Overhead: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Bending/Twisting (neck and back): Frequently; 33% to 66% a day
- Knee Stand: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Squatting/ Kneeling: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Must be able to wear fall protection equipment and physically able to climb ladders and scaffolds
MENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, make decisions, and follow through on all assignments
- Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem-solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results
- Must be able to plan and organize work
- Must possess strong organizational and computer use skills and have a high level of competency to read/write/speak English, interpret construction related documentation and communicate with coworkers
- Must possess strong mathematical skills, calculate proper dimensions of components, read blueprints, manuals, and communicate with coworkers.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with Hoffman's Safety Policy.
- Must be reliable and Must be able to read a tape measure
- Certifications and experience using a variety of aerial work platforms.
- Belong to local union hall
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced using carpenter's hand tools and power tools while conforming to local building codes
- Must be reliable: show up on time and ready to work for scheduled shift
Application review will consider without limitation the following criteria: Union membership qualifications, education and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Hoffman Specialty Contracting. Applicants must be able to pass the Hoffman Drug and Alcohol test.
Hoffman Specialty Contracting is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work being performed by employees. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of the employee of this job. Furthermore, this description is subject to change at the discretion of the company, with or without notice.