- Elgin, IL, USA
- Dependent on Experience
- Full Time
Health Insurance (PPO and HSA), Employer HSA Contribution, Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Allowance, Fitness Allowance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), Student Loan Paydown, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Hours, Continuing Education and Professional License Expense Reimbursement, Professional Society/Association Membership Dues, 401(k) Plan
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Project Engineer. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
This Project Engineer position earns a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer health insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois. We've built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client's vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
We believe that our team is what draws clients to our company. Our team is made up of smart, driven people with an impressive range of experience, achievements, and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons that our firm has become so highly respected in the industry and is a trusted partner in the community. We offer a flexible, remote schedule and are still able to keep team members engaged in challenging projects as well as available to their families during this unprecedented time. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a rewarding & fun work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named an Employer of Choice by PSMJ, based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.
On any given day, you'll:
- Take on an increasingly responsible role in the design of projects
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects such as roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, and traffic signals
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria on moderately complex projects
- Develop plans, specifications, schedules, permits, and inspection reports in accordance with good engineering practice
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates
- Develop construction cost estimates for projects
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or government regulations
- Develop project scope, schedule, and budget
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with clients and stakeholders, both verbally and written
- Write project reports
- Write funding applications
- Perform computer modeling and analysis of water/wastewater systems, design water/wastewater systems, and related components
- Plan and design water mains, pumping stations, storage tanks/reservoirs, water treatment plants, and well water systems
- Plan and design sanitary mains, wastewater pumping stations, and wastewater treatment plants
- Attend public meetings, as required
- Attend evening board meetings of municipal clients, as required
- Conduct quality check of all documents and reports, verify data accuracy, information, and calculations
- Maintain and expand our client relationships with the help of managers throughout Illinois
- Identify areas for growth and strategize the development of new business
- Participate in proposal presentation and business development activities throughout Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or Indiana, or the ability to achieve PE license within 6 months
- Valid Driver's license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word in the preparation of reports, specifications, and narrative communication with clients
- Proficient with AutoCAD or MicroStation/GEOPAK software in the preparation of engineering and design documents
- Experience in the following areas a plus: municipal design, GIS, modeling (water, sewer, and stormwater), and construction observation/administration
- IDOT or INDOT experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while working
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!