- Elgin, IL, USA
- Full Time
Health Insurance (PPO and HSA), Employer HSA Contribution, Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Allowance, Fitness Allowance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), Student Loan Paydown, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Hours, Continuing Education and Professional License Expense Reimbursement, Professional Society/Association Membership Dues, 401(k) Plan
Survey Project Manager, PLS
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Survey Project Manager (PLS). Are you a Professional Land Surveyor who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois.
At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We've built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we're mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We're passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program ' a specialized roadmap to career advancement ' as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day, you'll:
- Manage boundary, topographic, ALTA, and right-of-way survey projects
- Set up and manage projects and budgets in Vision; complete Project Management Templates
- Perform research necessary for survey projects
- Process data collected for boundary, topographic, ALTA and right-of-way surveys
- Prepare manhour estimates, scope, and schedules for survey projects; maintain project scope/schedule change log
- Review and prepare survey plats, subdivision plats, right-of-way plats and legal descriptions, and monument records
- Perform monument reconnaissance, monument preservation, and reestablish property and section corners
- Read and interpret legal descriptions and title documents
- Sign and seal documents prepared under direct supervision
- Facilitate and attend project meetings
- Prepare biweekly progress report for clients
- Organize work and set priorities to meet project deadlines
- Maintain equipment and software, and make requests for equipment purchases
- Understand and follow safety guidelines and company policies
Qualifications and Education:
- PLS License in Illinois
- BSCE with 24 semester hours of Land Surveying classes, or BS degree in Land Surveying from an ABET-accredited university
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- 8+ years of progressively more challenging assignments
- Professional Project Management Training Experience on IDOT/ISTHA projects or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Complete understanding of boundary retracement procedures and statutes for Illinois
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
The Survey Project Manager will earn a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer health insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a rewarding & fun work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named an Employer of Choice by PSMJ, based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.