- Elgin, IL, USA
- Dependent on Experience
- Full Time
Health Insurance (PPO and HSA), Employer HSA Contribution, Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Allowance, Fitness Allowance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), Student Loan Paydown, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Hours, Continuing Education and Professional License Expense Reimbursement, Professional Society/Association Membership Dues, 401(k) Plan
Stormwater Engineer – Civil Engineer
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) is looking to hire a full-time Stormwater Engineer to join our team! This position can be based out of any of our 4 offices in Illinois (Elgin, Crystal Lake, Springfield or Mt. Carmel, IL) Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
The Stormwater Engineer position earns a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer health insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois. We've built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client's vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
We believe that our team is what draws clients to our company. Our team is made up of smart, driven people with an impressive range of experience, achievements, and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons that our firm has become so highly respected in the industry and is a trusted partner in the community. We offer a flexible, remote schedule and are still able to keep team members engaged in challenging projects as well as available to their families during this unprecedented time. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a rewarding & fun work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named an Employer of Choice by PSMJ, based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.
On any given day, you'll:
- Take on an increasingly responsible role in the design of projects
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria on moderately complex projects
- Develop plans, specifications, schedules, permits, and inspection reports in accordance with good engineering practice
- Serve as a technical advisor to entry-level project team members
- Receive instruction on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions from professional engineering staff
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates
- Develop construction cost estimates for projects
- Serve as onsite project representative
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related steps or processes
- Prepare comprehensive stormwater reports to support design or permitting regulations
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or government regulations
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects including roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, and traffic signals
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Passed the Fundamental in Engineering exam
- A minimum of 3 years of related engineering experience
- Professional Engineer license in Illinois, or ability to become licensed within 18 months of hire
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Certification within 12 months of hire
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word in the preparation of reports, specifications, and narrative communication with clients
- Experience in the following areas: stormwater ordinance interpretation, municipal design, InRoads, MicroStation, GEOPAK, GIS, stormwater modeling (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, Hydraflow), and construction observation/administration
- Previous experience in permitting through IDNR-OWR, USACE, and Local County Stormwater Ordinances
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!