- Elgin, IL, USA
- Dependent on Experience
- Full Time
Health Insurance (PPO and HSA), Employer HSA Contribution, Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Allowance, Fitness Allowance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), Student Loan Paydown, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Hours, Continuing Education and Professional License Expense Reimbursement, Professional Society/Association Membership Dues, 401(k) Plan
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Resident Engineer. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
This Resident Engineer position earns a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer health insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois. We've built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client's vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
We believe that our team is what draws clients to our company. Our team is made up of smart, driven people with an impressive range of experience, achievements, and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons that our firm has become so highly respected in the industry and is a trusted partner in the community. We offer a flexible, remote schedule and are still able to keep team members engaged in challenging projects as well as available to their families during this unprecedented time. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a rewarding & fun work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named an Employer of Choice by PSMJ, based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.
On any given day, you'll:
- Act as a Resident Engineer performing construction oversight on municipal, county, IDOT, and Illinois Tollway (ISTHA) projects
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with contractors and clients by leading weekly meetings and distributing regular progress reports
- Identify potential project issues that may impact schedule/budget and work with all interested parties to remedy the situation
- Prepare project documentation according to IDOT (or client specific) requirements
- Prepare pay estimates and change orders
- Assist with transportation design work as needed during winter months
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Independent and self-motivated
- IDOT Documentation and ICORS Certification preferred
- IDOT and ISTHA project experience desired, but not required
- Experience in roadway design
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation ability preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!