- 08-Apr-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Triple Crown Concrete
- Lexington, KY, USA
- Part Time
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off
Operate a commercial motor vehicle with a capacity of at least 26,001 GVWR, to transport and deliver ready mix concrete. Will be required to operate different aspects of the vehicle's systems to alter, mix or unload as required. May require use of automated routing equipment. Requires commercial drivers' license, Class B minimum.
- Must have a CDL, Class A or B
- Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Frequently climb 8 foot ladder to ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and frequently handle 50 pound mixer chutes safely, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
- Respond to customer questions & complaints related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete instruction.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Safely maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for daily inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil and water.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work may be required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- Must have a CDL Class B or better (Class A);
- High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience (preferred);
- 6 months of related experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance;
- Safety focused; and
- Must be willing to work weekends and extended hours.