- 13-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Quarries East
- Jellico, TN, USA
- Full Time
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off
This position will be primarily responsible for operating a haul truck to transport raw and processed aggregate from the pit to the plant and to stockpiles in a safe and efficient manner while observing all safety, health and environmental rules and practices. This position will be located in the Somerset Kentucky area.
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently;
- At the beginning of the shift, perform a pre-trip inspection of the truck;
- Report any defects to the supervisor (if the equipment is a safety hazard, do not drive it at all and report to the supervisor immediately);
- Must be aware of safety inspections;
- Drive truck to pit/stockpile and position truck for loading by loader operator/storage bin. Drive truck to primary crusher/stockpile and dump material into the primary crusher/on the stockpile. Lower bed of truck and drive to be loaded again;
- Must be able to perform repetitive work: Involves performing a few routine and uninvolved tasks over and over again according to set procedures, sequence, or pace with little opportunity for diversion or interruption;
- May be exposed to conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases that affect the respiratory system, eyes and skin;
- Constantly required to hear sounds and have clarity of near or far;
- Requires climbing on and off of the truck which requires balance and equilibrium;
- Requires use of feet for repetitive movements such as foot controls while driving truck;
- Must be able to work in low light conditions;
- Must be able to multitask;
- CAN'T BE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS CONTINUED:
- Be able to work overtime when required;
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold;
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook;
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist coworkers or supervisors with other duties as required;
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA;
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment;
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Previous related experience in the construction field preferred but not required.